Welcome Home Learning
Owner and Lead Teacher
My name is Jodi and I am the owner, teacher, program developer and parent educator here at Welcome Home Learning.
I also created and run monthly parenting and children's workshops from May-September in Campbellford Ontario called
Story Time in the Garden.
I am a graduate of George Brown's Early Childhood Education program (2000) and I have worked with children birth-18 years of age for the last 24 years.
I was a preschool program instructor for the YMCA for 15 years where I taught recreational, parenting and parented programs. I was also the director of Camp Buradaca, Tansley Woods and Waterdown Day camps.
I have worked in licensed centres such as the Infant room at CAMH, Waterpark Place, a George Brown Lab School, as well as teaching a School age program at Orde Street School (Toronto) and a Before and After school program at Kings Road school (Burlington) I was also a volunteer at King's Road.
In 2000 I was elected as a trustee to the Halton Catholic District School Board where a happily served my terms on the Board and the Suspension Appeals committee before retiring to open my home based childcare full time.
Most importantly I am mom to a great 16 year old son.
Ongoing training is important to remain up to date in this industry. In addition to graduating George Brown, my High 5 Certification and being Trained in Asset Development, I have the following additional certifications and courses over the last 4 years.
- In/Outdoor Safety in Early Childhood Settings CCEI 2017
- From Picky Eater to Healthy Eater - 2018
- Addressing Racial Injustice with Young Children - 2018
- How to Teach with Wonder Based Learning - Fairy Dust Teaching 2018
- Finding and Reading Great Stories with Kids -Embrace 2018
- The History of Racism and Anti-Racist Workshop - Anti-Bias Montessori - 2018
- Preschool Nutrition - Good Beginnings 2017
- Building a Healthy Start - Alabama Public Health 2017
- Language Rich Environments- CMAS 2017
- Creativity, Community and ICT - Open Learn 2016
- Epi Pen Training - Halton Region 2016
- Food Handlers Safety Certificate - Halton Region 2016
- First Aid and CPR 2015
When choosing a home childcare it is important to consider back up care. At Welcome Home Learning we have a list of childcare providers that offer short term, back up care, as well as having Grams and Pops who can step in and provide care here if needed.